Information that you provide to us
When you use or subscribe to our Services, create or modify your account, send us questions or comments via email, social media, or our Help Centre; or otherwise communicate with us, we may collect information that you provide, such as:
- Your name and email.
- Postal address, billing address, tax identification number contact information of a billing representative.
- Details of attendees such as names, contact information, and demography data.
- Other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
Information that we collect automatically from you
Our system (aided by the use of browser cookies) may automatically record certain information about your use of the Services, such as:
- Account activity.
- User interface usage (e.g., displayed dialogs, or clicks on UI elements).
- Basic access information (e.g., browser version, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.).
We may also collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction. Such error reports may contain information about your usage of the Services and may be reviewed by EventX employees to help resolve problems with the Services.
Information we collect from third parties
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to your email address, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking sites.
If you subscribe for a paid account, we may receive information about your purchase from our third-party payment processors. This information will not include your full credit card information.
We use analytics services and software provided by third parties to help us understand how users access and use the Services. These tools and services place browser cookies, tracking pixels, or related technology on our Services to enable them to track usage data. The data collected typically includes information such as your interface usage (e.g., displayed dialogs or clicks on UI elements) and basic access information (e.g., browser version, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.).
You may provide us with ideas for new products or modifications to existing products, and other unsolicited submissions (collectively, “Unsolicited Information”). All Unsolicited Information shall be deemed to be non-confidential, and we shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute such Unsolicited Information to others without limitation or attribution.
How do we use your information?
The information that you provided to us or that we collected from you or third parties is used for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with the Services. Such uses may include for example:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you assistance materials, including instructions for specific product features or video tutorials, based on your usage pattern of the Services;
- Send you product update materials, including promotional information about new products and product features, enhancements, special offers, and other events of interest from EventX;
- Send you usage collaboration notices, security alerts, and support or administrative messages;
- Respond to your reviews, comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate activity trends, attendee’s demography and usage patterns in connection with the Services; and
- Personalize the Services.
Data you create or upload to EventX may—based on the visibility settings of your documents—be read, copied, used, and redistributed by people you know or by people you do not know. Use care when disclosing personal or sensitive information which may identify you or anyone else.
We may review public documents for diagnostics and product improvement purposes. Private documents may only be reviewed by our staff with your explicit consent for troubleshooting purposes. Your data will be deleted at your request or when they are no longer required for the purpose for which the data was used.
When do we share your information?
We do not sell your personal information.
We may share personal information in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Agents, consultants, and related third parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire third-party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who work on our behalf, host our data, and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. We ensure that all these entities are compliant with this Policy, the EU General Data Protection Regulations or the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. All these third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us. Unless we notify you otherwise and provide you with an opportunity to opt-out, they will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Policy.
Business transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
Legal requirements: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) Comply with a legal obligation; (ii) Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies; (iii) Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; or (iv) Protect against legal liability.
How do we keep your data secure?
EventX takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your data remains available to you only and to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. The actual safeguards in place are documented in our Security Policy.
Your choices and your rights
With regards to how we handle your personal information, you have several choices available. Exercise your rights by changing your account settings or getting in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Access, edit, delete or limit your personal information: If you have an account with us, you may review, update, or delete optional account information at any time. Please keep in mind that some information, like your billing data, is necessary for getting access to paid features.
Opt-out of electronic communications: You may opt-out of receiving promotional and assistance emails from us at any time. If you opt-out of promotional or assistance messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices (“transactional messages”).
Terminate your account: You can terminate your account or schedule your subscription cancelation (for next renewal interval) at any time. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain some of your information after closing your account when that information is reasonably required to comply with legal obligations or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites. Please keep in mind that some websites and features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
If you are located in specific countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights concerning your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal data.
- EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer. However, if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights above, please contact us at email@example.com
Legal bases for collecting and using information
There are several reasons, why we may be obliged to use your personal information, such as:
- To fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms and Condition or other agreements with you;
- To administer your account—for example, to enable access to the Services for you, or charge you for a paid subscription;
- For compliance with any legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person;
- To provide and update the Services, to improve the Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard the Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with the Services, and to personalize your experience;
- Or because you have given us your consent.
How to reach us
To execute your rights or for any questions about privacy-related topics please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org